InVesalius was originally created in late 2001 at Technology of Information Renato Archer Centre, of the Ministry of Science and Technology in Campinas, Brazil. Since November 2008, InVesalius has been completely written ground up -- originating InVesalius 3. This list represents only the people involved with InVesalius? 3 development on.
The PRIMARY AUTHORS of InVesalius 3 are (and/or have been):
- Tatiana Al-Chueyr
- Paulo Henrique Junqueira Amorim
- Thiago Franco de Moraes
More information on the main contributors to InVesalius can be found in docs/internals/committers.txt.
And here is an inevitably incomplete list of MUCH-APPRECIATED CONTRIBUTORS: people who have submitted patches, reported bugs, added translations, helped answer newbie questions, wrote documentation, and generally made InVesalius that much better:
- Mathieu Malaterre
- Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
- Andreas Tille (Debian)
- Paulo César Pereira de Andrade (Mandriva)
- Alex P. Natsios (Greek)
- Andreas Loupasakis (Greek)
- Cheng-Chia Tseng (Chinese)
- Dimitris Glezos (Greek)
- Eugene Liscio (English)
- Frédéric Lopez (French)
- J. Javier de Lima Moreno (Spanish)
- Massimo Crisantemo (Italian)
- Nikos Korkakakis (Greek)
- Raul Bolliger Neto (Portuguese/Portugal?)
- Sebastian Hilbert (German)
- Semarang Pari (Korean)
- Fabio Francisco da Silva (User guide / Manual)
A big THANK YOU goes to:
- CTI Renato Archer directors for sponsoring and letting us open-source InVesalius.
- Glauber Costa de Oliveira and Corinto Meffe for free software advices.
- Robin Dunn for the marriage of the Python programming language and the wxWindows, in the form of wxPython
- Guido van Rossum for creating Python.